Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Treehouse Phase V - The Enjoyment Phase

 

OK so with the reassembly phase complete it was time to put on the rubber membrane roof material. It was a calm day so I took advantage of it.


Now if you have been following this process you remember how the membrane was laid out in place on the roof the first time. The process was a struggle even when there was the possibility of working with this sheet of material from the ground. So when we took it off I carefully folded it like a giant pie crust and marked the starting location with detailed instructions for unfolding. This had to go exactly in place the first time when working only from the hatch opening in the roof. I loaded the 80 pound bundle on the elevator and crossed my fingers. It was a success! The loose edge s would be pulled down and wrapped around the fascia then stapled to the inside. Then a 1x2 strip would be screwed over the staples and screwed down to clamp it in place.

With the roof membrane down and secured it was time to bring up the windows. The 60" x 60" sliders were a tight squeeze for me and the elevator opening. But it worked, "just as I planned it".

And there you have it from the back side looking East.

Here it is looking South.

Had a nice glass of wine with the wife in it to celebrate and hung some Christmas lights for mood lighting. I knew from the start this project would be a challenge and a learning process but I tried not to think to much about it and just plunged forward. For every problem there was a solution and this is the proof of that. I have to give a big shout out to my good friend Jerry for without his help and many ideas throughout the process I could not have done this. My advise if you are going to try something cool like this is make sure you have a guy like Jerry around.
  


  


No comments:

Post a Comment