Tuesday, January 31, 2012

That's a big feather

The log supply continues to go down but looks like I will have enough to finish the cabin. Just 2 twelve and 17 fourteen foot long logs left on the rack.
As I worked to get the 9th round logs into place on top of the wall I paused to reflect. This was a lot of work. It dawned on me that this work would need to be repeated when the cabin was being dismantled and move to a permanent home. A problem that required a solution. Instead of rigging up a parbuckle I think a jib crane would be better suited for the job. More to come on this soon.
There is an eagles nest a few miles from where I am building the cabin. I took a field trip the other day to have a look. They say their nests are pretty large and some can weigh over 1,000 pounds or more. Along the ATV trail near the nest (upper left corner) I came across a feather.
Now that's a big feather!

No comments:

Post a Comment