Sunday, October 4, 2026

2 down 10 to go

 

Several months ago I posted the construction of my gazebo under 40 for 40. Recently I was looking at some photos I took in preparation for roofing it. To my surprise I see in picture the sun centered in the opening! I hope the project goes better than how the pictures are organized. Anyway here goes

 

This is the finished look of the first two openings covered with the 26ga galvanized tin.

This is the finished triangle. One ear bent up and one ear bent down


Here is the bending jig that I put together out of some 2x4’s left over from the Bus project. I drove in another fence post on the other end. This allowed me to drop in a 2 by 6 between the fence posts and the sheet so I could bend evenly. After bending I set down the bend with a piece of 2x4 and rubber hammer.


This little rig, my adjustable triangle really did the trick for making an individual pattern for each roof triangle section. They are all different!
This was the model I tried out my idea on for the roof closure. I decided to close in the roof to keep the weather out of the mortise and tenon brace joints. I will be leaving the hole open and may try to make a clear plastic bubble to put one the hole. Wish me luck. 




No comments:

Post a Comment