Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bladed Scarf Joint

As the saying goes - I hear, I forget. I see, I remember. I do, I understand!
For sure, so it is with laying out and cutting these tricky scarf joints for me.


After making the half cuts and fitting them up it was time to layout the blades. The ol' bridge clamps came in handy here.


That was not so bad. A trial fit and a little fine tuning and this joint will be good to go!


And here it is. One fine Bladed Scarf joint. Ready to be put up on the front wall of the cabin.


Since the roof rafters will be setting on these two 18 foot top logs I want to get them as level as possible and have their top surfaces all in the same plane. Let the calculating begin. After that little task it will be on to the joint supreme. I made a model for practice before I tackle the 6x6 real deal.

Tabled, Squinted and a Wedge. Should be some serious fun. Keep watching...

No comments:

Post a Comment